Having sailed my Bombardier Invitation for 2 seasons, it became aware to me
that I wasn't spending enough time on the water. This is due to several
Thus, my search began for my next sailboat. Features that I determined
were important to me:
- Too much time required to trailer to the lake and set up.
- 2 people required to raise the unstayed mast.
- Only suitable for smaller lakes (not Lake Ontario)
Trailerability was not a requirement -- I want to be sailing, not
- Easily singlehanded.
- Overnight capability for weekends.
- Outboard motor (too difficult to always sail in/out of harbour).
- More crew-friendly than a centerboard boat.
- Clean deck layout.
- Fixed keel (no swing keel).
- Kept in a slip for the season.
- Can be rigged in 15 minutes for after-work sails.
- Fixed galley (no sliding galley).
I researched a number of boats that fit into this category, among them:
- Catalina 22
- CS 22
- Abbott 22
- Alberg 22
- Tanzer 22
- Shark 24
For photos and descriptions of the boats I looked at before choosing a
Tanzer 22, check out my comparisons page.
Back to Tanzer 22 #2104
Last modified Wed Oct 27 23:57:11 EDT 1999